Removing items from the favorite bar

linz

There may be a very obvious solution at the moment that i'm am completely missing and if so i apologize in advance for asking the questions.....How do i get rid of one item from the favorite bar without restoring everything to the default? I'm done with needing to access one particular note every day and would like to remove it from the favorite bar?

Thanks!

Drag it off the favorites bar, and drop it outside the Evernote window.

Well. That explains why I could not get it to work with a maximized client window. :rolleyes:

Probably explains my difficulty in removing them, too. I ended up simply resetting them. :wacko:

• Level 5*

:rolleyes:

Actually, though I didn't mention it, I believe that you can drag it to the menu or toolbar areas, even when Evernote is maximized. Not very intuitive, I know...

I don't think it is necessary to drag them off the window itself...just that it probably helps.

I think that the issue arises because you are dragging the item down. So the click and drag doesn't get registered as a dragging event. (occasionally)

I find the best method is to move them to the side a little, until the cursor turns into the copy icon, after which the item can be removed by dragging down.

Actually, though I didn't mention it, I believe that you can drag it to the menu or toolbar areas, even when Evernote is maximized. Not very intuitive, I know...

I tried dragging those babies all across town & was only able to remove one of the three, after several attempts. (EN screen was maximized.) Maybe it's improved in later versions, I'll give it a try sometime. Otherwise, I'll try what you said above. .

I don't think it is necessary to drag them off the window itself...just that it probably helps.

I think that the issue arises because you are dragging the item down. So the click and drag doesn't get registered as a dragging event. (occasionally)

I find the best method is to move them to the side a little, until the cursor turns into the copy icon, after which the item can be removed by dragging down.

Next time, I'll try this, if I continue to have problems. Thanks!

Like BnF I could not make this work. Normalizing maximized window and dragging the item off the window does work.

When maximized, dragging the item onto the title bar (all the way up) will allow it to be removed.

Got that to work but it took a J shaped movement to make it work. ie. Pull it down until visibly floating and then pull it up towards title bar until floater disappears.

When maximized, dragging the item onto the title bar (all the way up) will allow it to be removed.

Got that to work but it took a J shaped movement to make it work. ie. Pull it down until visibly floating and then pull it up towards title bar until floater disappears.

Ok, this is just too weird...

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Level 5*

I can tell you that the so-called "J-shaped" movement isn't required, at least in my case. I can just drag it straight up into the menu/toolbar area, a very short distance, and that works most of the time.

Archived