Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Removing items from the favorite bar

evernote

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 linz

linz

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

There may be a very obvious solution at the moment that i'm am completely missing and if so i apologize in advance for asking the questions.....How do i get rid of one item from the favorite bar without restoring everything to the default? I'm done with needing to access one particular note every day and would like to remove it from the favorite bar?

Thanks!

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

Drag it off the favorites bar, and drop it outside the Evernote window.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 linz

linz

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

ahh "outside the evernote window" was key. i had tried dragging but just back into the nav bar on the left or into the notes section. thanks!

#4 Owyn

Owyn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Evernote Geek
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

Well. That explains why I could not get it to work with a maximized client window. :rolleyes:
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests

Premium User
Ubuntu 12.04/10.04 + various other Linux distro (Web client & VirtualBox XP SP3 ENW)
Windows 7 SP1 & XP SP3 (EN 4.5.8.7356)
iPod Touch 2G (iOS 4.2.1, EN 4.1.9) / Blackberry Playbook (OS 2.0.1, EN 1.3)
Latest stable browsers & clippers(Chrome(default), Firefox, IE8/9)

#5 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

Well. That explains why I could not get it to work with a maximized client window. :rolleyes:

Probably explains my difficulty in removing them, too. I ended up simply resetting them. :wacko:
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#6 jefito

jefito

• 10,786 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

:rolleyes:

Actually, though I didn't mention it, I believe that you can drag it to the menu or toolbar areas, even when Evernote is maximized. Not very intuitive, I know...
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#7 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

I don't think it is necessary to drag them off the window itself...just that it probably helps.

I think that the issue arises because you are dragging the item down. So the click and drag doesn't get registered as a dragging event. (occasionally)

I find the best method is to move them to the side a little, until the cursor turns into the copy icon, after which the item can be removed by dragging down.

#8 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,183 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

Actually, though I didn't mention it, I believe that you can drag it to the menu or toolbar areas, even when Evernote is maximized. Not very intuitive, I know...

I tried dragging those babies all across town & was only able to remove one of the three, after several attempts. (EN screen was maximized.) Maybe it's improved in later versions, I'll give it a try sometime. Otherwise, I'll try what you said above. .

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#9 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,183 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

I don't think it is necessary to drag them off the window itself...just that it probably helps.

I think that the issue arises because you are dragging the item down. So the click and drag doesn't get registered as a dragging event. (occasionally)

I find the best method is to move them to the side a little, until the cursor turns into the copy icon, after which the item can be removed by dragging down.

Next time, I'll try this, if I continue to have problems. Thanks!

#10 Owyn

Owyn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

Like BnF I could not make this work. Normalizing maximized window and dragging the item off the window does work.

Premium User
Ubuntu 12.04/10.04 + various other Linux distro (Web client & VirtualBox XP SP3 ENW)

#11 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,183 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

Normalizing maximized window and dragging the item off the window does work.

AWESOME!!! (Thanks for testing, Owyn!)

#12 jjlucsy

jjlucsy

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:06 AM

When maximized, dragging the item onto the title bar (all the way up) will allow it to be removed.

#13 Owyn

Owyn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:22 AM

When maximized, dragging the item onto the title bar (all the way up) will allow it to be removed.

Got that to work but it took a J shaped movement to make it work. ie. Pull it down until visibly floating and then pull it up towards title bar until floater disappears.

Premium User

#14 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,183 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:28 AM

Got that to work but it took a J shaped movement to make it work. ie. Pull it down until visibly floating and then pull it up towards title bar until floater disappears.

Ok, this is just too weird...

#15 Rainer Großmann

Rainer Großmann

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

Thanks you! Evernote almost drove me crazy, but using the J shaped movement made it work!

#16 rvsw

rvsw

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Thank you - only the J shaped movement worked for me. This is real puzzling. This is probably one of the weirdest UI issues I have ever come across

#17 jefito

jefito

• 10,786 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

I can tell you that the so-called "J-shaped" movement isn't required, at least in my case. I can just drag it straight up into the menu/toolbar area, a very short distance, and that works most of the time.
~Jeff

#18 jjsararas

jjsararas

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

This is probably one of the weirdest UI issues I have ever come across

Agreed! I have no idea how to reproduce this J technique, but I find clicking and holding for a second and then moving moves it off the bar. Weird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote