(Archived) Wildcard like "*" in Windows?

acs384

Most of our search operations support prefix matching (with a wildcard at the end), but we don't support searching for matches in the middle or end of a term for performance/scalability reasons. I.e. it's very hard to make that fast once you have gigabytes of notes.

Correct. You can search for complete words and phrases, or search for prefix substrings at the start of words, but not for arbitrary character sequences in the middle of words or punctuation. We aren't currently planning to change this behavior.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

too bad (

Would be great to have such option at least for the search exlusively in the titles of the notes.

Very often I dont remember how exactly I have named a note, e.g. "2Read Psychology", "ReadList for Psychology" og "PsyRead".

A search with "intitle:*read"  would make things so much easier, and should not affects stability as it's the seach only in the titles, but not in the bodies of the notes.

Hi,

too bad (

Would be great to have such option at least for the search exlusively in the titles of the notes.

Very often I dont remember how exactly I have named a note, e.g. "2Read Psychology", "ReadList for Psychology" og "PsyRead".

A search with "intitle:*read"  would make things so much easier, and should not affects stability as it's the seach only in the titles, but not in the bodies of the notes.

This would be a use case for either tags ("psych to read") or a separate notebook.

Archived