(Archived) How do I create multiple Tag searches

davidduty

• Level 5*
how could I create a saved search that would pull up all notes that are tagged either Houston or Denver?
Just save them together as one single search
tag:Denver Tag:Houston

I think you meant:

any: tag:Denver Tag:Houston

:)

• 2 years later...

This is not working for me when i add a keyword. If I type "any: tag:statement tag:bill ABCorp",  I want to see every note that has ABCorp in the body, tagged with bill or statement. Instead it brings up every note that has ABCorp in it regardless of tag.

• Level 5*

This is not working for me when i add a keyword. If I type "any: tag:statement tag:bill ABCorp",  I want to see every note that has ABCorp in the body, tagged with bill or statement. Instead it brings up every note that has ABCorp in it regardless of tag.

What you appear to be asking for is a search that returns notes that has 'ABCorp' in the body AND is tagged with either 'bill' OR 'statement'. That's a mixed AND/OR search, and which in most cases cannot be implemented in straight Evernote search language. What you're getting is 'ABCorp' in the body OR is tagged with 'bill' OR is tagged with 'statement' (maybe you have no notes tagged with either 'bill' or 'statement' that don't contain 'ABCorp'?).

There is one workaround/special case that I can think of: if you renamed the 'bill' and 'statement' tags to have a common and unique prefix (say, 'type-bill' and 'type-statement'), they a search like "tag:type* ABCorp" would work. On the other hand, generalizing this for your whole system could be messy/onerous.

Archived