Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Missing Tags in List

tags stacks evernote

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cderaaf

cderaaf

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

I have stacked tags, and when I rename a stack, all the tags in that stack dissappear from the tag list. They're still available when I'm creating new notes, but are not available in the tag list. How do I rebuild my tag list to show my tags again? I've tried renaming the stack to the original name, to no avail.

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

I tried this, and it seems to work fine (version 5.5.2.5798 Prerelease). If you restart Evernote, do they come back?
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 cderaaf

cderaaf

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

they do... thanks.

#4 jefito

jefito

• 10,786 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

OK, great. Shouldn't happen, of course, but when in doubt, restart. Just in case, you understand...
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#5 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,184 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

I tried this, and it seems to work fine (version 5.5.2.5798 Prerelease). If you restart Evernote, do they come back?

Dude, are you on super/hyper/pre-release??? Cuz if so, I want to sit next to you.

FWIW, I just encountered this situation yesterday. Didn't think to do the exit/reinvoke. But it's now Evernoted.

(Fortunately, only ~5 notes were involved in my case & easily identified from my iPhone...)
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#6 jefito

jefito

• 10,786 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

Always trying to stay a step ahead... Of course you can sit next to me, but you can't touch my SuperEvernote!! :D

(Can't get anything by you, can I?)
~Jeff

#7 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,184 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:30 PM

(BNF packs up her stuff & moves to the empty desk next to Jefito)

Ok, I won't touch your SuperEvernote. But just FYI, my Evernote sings. :D
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#8 charlescrichton

charlescrichton

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

I am getting this problem using version "4.5.2.5904 (209040) public". On earlier versions I have not had this issue.

When I rename a tag containing sub-tags the sub-tags disappear from the tag tree.

Before:

Attached File  Before.png   4.71KB   7 downloads

After:

Attached File  After.png   3.66KB   7 downloads

Note now the renamed "z0 Live Lists" tag has lost the sub-tags. This is quite disconcerting!

To remedy

1. File > Exit
2. Restart Evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote