Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Can I convert a multi-page Word Doc to a one page PDF file

pdf evernote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davidduty

davidduty

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • Group: Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

I have several Word docs that I want to save into a PDF file. But when I do and drag the PDF file to a new note then it changes where I gave to "flip" through the word doc page by page rather than just scroll down the note like you can in a Word doc that was cut and pasted into the note.

This also hampers the search feature because when you search it takes you to the PDF file containing the search term and not to the page in the PDF file that contains the search term. So if I had say a 10 page PDF file and searched for ABC123 it would take me to the first page of the PDF file but the term ABC123 might be on page 10.

I'm thinking if it was just one long page PDF file it would make it easier to find the search term than having to flip through all the pages to find it.

If anyone knows how to convert a multi-page word doc (I saved it as a Web Page with no page breaks) so that it converts into a one page PDF file, I'd appreciate it.

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

Evernote cannot help you to turn Word docs into PDF docs. You should be able to do so using a PDF printer driver (there are many available, including free ones, just do a web search). Load up your Word document in Word, then print it to the PDF "printer", and it will pop out the other and as PDF.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,184 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

But... AFAIK, if your Word document is 10 pages, you won't be able to make it a one page PDF. Or, if you can, it would need to be a function of the virtual PDF printer you're using, I think. This may be helpful:

http://it.usu.edu/pl...ingle Sheet.pdf

You can double click the PDF to open it in your PDF viewer & search for the term using the PDF viewer. I know that's a two step process, but them's the breaks.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#4 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

Haven't looked at the details here, but ironically I recently had a long one-page PDF file that I was trying to convert into A4 pages so I could print it neatly. I suspect if you change the paper size settings to 210mm wide x 2970mm long in Word, then print to PDF, you may find things will work out. I had to do the reverse to get mine to do the decent thing and print out in single pages. 2970mm is arbitrary by the way - 10 A4 ages long. Do the math for yourself on 297mm x (number of pages) if the process isn't working so well for you. (Alternative: split your multi-page PDF file into 1-page segments.)

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote