Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Switching Accounts

evernote

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brasmi

brasmi

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • Group: Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:58 AM

Asking for a friend...

Scenario: she was using 2 separate EN accounts, personal and business. The business no longer exists, so she wants to switch to using only the personal account. EN was installed on the computer using the business account. I had her do an export of all notes (there were only 48 notes) to an .enex file.

I'm not sure how to switch to the personal database on the same computer. I'm sure once that occurs, she can import the .enex file and be done.

So, how do you switch from one account to another (permanently) on a Windows machine?
Mac Version 3.1.2 Beta 1 (05/16/2012) build 251394
iPad 2, iOS 5.1, EN Version 4.1.9.229176 Beta
iPhone 4, iOS 5.1, EN Version 4.1.9.229176 Beta

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,789 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

If you sign out from your account in the Windows client (Tools / Sign Out), you would then be prompted to sign in. Sign in with the other account.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 Flow

Flow

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hello

Is there any way to switch quickly between account? I mean, one of my M8 want to see/share his employé note's sometime but it's a waste a tie to log in / out several time the day. So they have to show each other smartphone to share note. (and no, they can't work together on the same account, cauz my m8 don't want to share his non-professional notes). So a quick account switcher or, maybe better, the possibility to be logged on several account simultaneously will be good.

#4 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,789 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

There is no way that I know of in tehe Windows client; you can always log in separately to one of the accounts with the web client, though.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#5 Flow

Flow

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Oh yup, it won't help whit the iPhone/Pad, but it is still a good solution for desktops. Thank you!

#6 kvitekp

kvitekp

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hello

Is there any way to switch quickly between account? I mean, one of my M8 want to see/share his employé note's sometime but it's a waste a tie to log in / out several time the day. So they have to show each other smartphone to share note. (and no, they can't work together on the same account, cauz my m8 don't want to share his non-professional notes). So a quick account switcher or, maybe better, the possibility to be logged on several account simultaneously will be good.

You can start Evernote Windows client with /DebugMenu command line switch and use items at the bottpm of the [Debug] menu to quickly switch between accounts.

/Peter

#7 dlu

dlu

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

This was just implemented in our latest Beta as a premium feature if you'd like to try it out: http://discussion.ev...ows-458-beta-3/
If you have a serious issue with Evernote, you can submit a support request here. Evernote employees read the forums, but it is not run by customer support or a way to directly get customer support.

Check out our Knowledgebase.
View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows
Check out the Getting Started Guide
Still need help? Submit a support request here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote