(Archived) Recording Issues on Honeycomb

Jeff Mikan

I am using Evernote on a Samsung Tablet Android Verision 3.2 and I start an audio recording while taking notes. However, if I change away from Evernote, the audio recording stops. Is this expected based on android? I know you have it working on the iOS version.

As in stop team recording once you press the home button or hold the home button to switch apps??

Generally, pressing the home key. Goes to the home screen, it closes apps therefore closing evernote which stops the recording. When holding to switch apps, it shouldn't stop..

• 3 months later...

I have been having this issue for a while. I've noticed on my friends iPad that its possible to start an audio recording in the app and then back out of the app by pressing the home button and still have evernote continue the recording in the background. In the android version, on both phones and tablets like the Xoom (mine is running ice cream sandwhich [4.0.2] presently) if you start a recording in the app, and then back out either by hitting the home button or using the task switcher to go to another app, the recording is stopped. why is this? android is the OS that supports rich multitasking after all.

• 1 year later...

As in stop team recording once you press the home button or hold the home button to switch apps??

Generally, pressing the home key. Goes to the home screen, it closes apps therefore closing evernote which stops the recording. When holding to switch apps, it shouldn't stop..

There are plenty of Android apps that continue recording audio when the user multitasks, presses the home button, or uses the power button to turn off the screen. This bug in Evernote requires me to use an alternate app for recording audio. I prefer Easy Voice Recorder because of it great home widgets. I can start and stop recordings without even launching the app and then hit the power button to record with the screen off. Perfect. I wish Evernote did the same. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coffeebeanventures.easyvoicerecorder

Archived