Subscribe to Your Own Blog in Evernote

I use MailChimp to send out my blog posts to my email subscribers. A few months ago, I realized that I could subscribe to my own blog using my Evernote email address. As a result, I have a backup of every post.

You can obviously do this with any blog where you want to maintain a complete database of posts for reference later.

Just a thought ...

I second (or third or whatever) the IFTTT recommendation. A couple weeks back (by chance, just before Google destroyed most of the positive aspects of the Google Reader reading experience), I set up IFTTT to send my feeds to Evernote. Now Evernote is my feed reader, as well as the backup for my own blog posts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just checked out IFTTT and tried to set up a feed to Evernote task. But when connecting to Evernote it asks not only to be able to create and update notes, but also to READ my notes. I don't see why IFTTT has to be able to read my notes just for adding notes.

A few of you have already set up IFTTT to work with Evernote: doesn't it bother you that you gave it access to read all your notes?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived