Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Blogging

Subscribe to Your Own Blog in Evernote

rss subscription subscribe

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Hyatt

Michael Hyatt

• Title: Alliance Lackey
  • Group: Evernote Ambassador
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:00 AM

I use MailChimp to send out my blog posts to my email subscribers. A few months ago, I realized that I could subscribe to my own blog using my Evernote email address. As a result, I have a backup of every post.

You can obviously do this with any blog where you want to maintain a complete database of posts for reference later.

Just a thought ...

Michael

My Blog | Platform University | Twitter | Facebook 

#2 TonyH.

TonyH.

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:22 AM

This will work wonders, Thank you for sharing.

#3 macolyte

macolyte

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

You could also set up a task with ifttt (which is one of the most awesome things on the internet right now) so that whenever a new item is added to your blog's RSS feed it's automatically sent to Evernote. Brett Kelly had a pretty good blog post about it here the other day.

#4 peterfmartin

peterfmartin

• Title: Hard to say
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 970 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

I second (or third or whatever) the IFTTT recommendation. A couple weeks back (by chance, just before Google destroyed most of the positive aspects of the Google Reader reading experience), I set up IFTTT to send my feeds to Evernote. Now Evernote is my feed reader, as well as the backup for my own blog posts.
Using Mac version 3.2.0 beta 1 on OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), web occasionally, and Chrome clipper (and Windows once upon a time).

Information and help: Getting Started | Knowledge Base (note: often wrong or outdated) | Evernote Support for customer support

#5 chrisWhite

chrisWhite

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

I've been using ifttt with Evernote constantly since I found out about it a month or two ago, way more elegant than the clunky Yahoo Pipes hack I had for grabbing my posts in the past.
Chris White
Writer • Designer • 3D Artist
Mobile: 303.916.2189
Twitter: @chrisWhite

#6 Ann

Ann

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

I just checked out IFTTT and tried to set up a feed to Evernote task. But when connecting to Evernote it asks not only to be able to create and update notes, but also to READ my notes. I don't see why IFTTT has to be able to read my notes just for adding notes.

A few of you have already set up IFTTT to work with Evernote: doesn't it bother you that you gave it access to read all your notes?

#7 deanouellette

deanouellette

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

I started playing with the ifttt about two weeks ago. So awesome. Not only for grabbing blog posts, and sending emails into Evernote but also great for grabbing my daily Dilbert! Thanks for turning me onto this everyone.
Dean Ouellette
Author Evernote for Real Estate
ProductivityAgent.com - Sign up for free productivity tips email

#8 Bojan011

Bojan011

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

I believe you can also implement IFTTT rule that will follow your RSS feed and pull it into your Evernote as an option.
Productivity and efficiency junkie. Blogging on mobile devices, helping you to get more things done.

AlphaEfficiency
Evernote tips

#9 TechBarber

TechBarber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

That's a really good thought. I have a Wordpress plug-in that backs up my blog to a folder in my Dropbox account and it's working well so far. This is a method I hadn't thought of and will definitely give it a look.

My Blog (Technology/Evernote) - http://www.TechBarber.com
Evernote vs Dropbox & The Differences Explained - http://www.techbarbe...se-effectively/
Evernote Organization - A Beginners Guide - http://www.techbarbe...eginners-guide/

Evernote Smart Notebook Review - http://www.techbarbe...n-everyday-guy/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote