Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Kill the text formatting on pasting to evernote

text formatting default paste evernote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mecharsi

mecharsi

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:26 AM

How can I make the text formatting to default evernote text when I paste it. The text format changes to the once I have copied from then everytime I have to manually change the formatting. :(

Secondly, where can I find 'bullets and numbering' in text format options? How can I do line spacing and word spacing stuff?

#2 Wern

Wern

• Title: Evernote Evangelist
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 777 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

Your post is a bit confusing. In a copy/paste operation you can always choose if you want to keep the original formatting or just Text formatting. Copy your original info, create a new note in EN and do a right-click. This will give you the option of original formatting or formatting as text. The respective keyboard commands are:
Ctrl + V keep original formatting
Ctrl + Shft + V paste unformatted text

As for bulleted and numbered text:
Ctrl + Shift + B bulleted list
Ctrl + Shift + O numbered list

Wern

Check out the Getting Started Guide or Knowledge Base. View user Manuals: Windows, Mac or Android.
Still doesn't work? Submit a support request here.

#3 JeromeB.

JeromeB.

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

I can't find any line and word spacing, i dont think EN covers those features (?).
Frenchy frog.
Premium user, well not any more.

#4 mecharsi

mecharsi

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

Your post is a bit confusing. In a copy/paste operation you can always choose if you want to keep the original formatting or just Text formatting. Copy your original info, create a new note in EN and do a right-click. This will give you the option of original formatting or formatting as text. The respective keyboard commands are:
Ctrl + V keep original formatting
Ctrl + Shft + V paste unformatted text

As for bulleted and numbered text:
Ctrl + Shift + B bulleted list
Ctrl + Shift + O numbered list

Wern

Thank you. JeromeB yes. They should consider it in future releases.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, text formatting default paste, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote