Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Other

Evernote as a Dream Journal

dreams journal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grimmknuckle

Grimmknuckle

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:30 AM

With all the talk about using Evernote as a surrogate memory I haven't seen anyone really mention using Evernote to remember their dreams. As everyone knows and has experienced, dreams are the most fleeting of memories and are very difficult to remember. For a time I used to write down my dreams in a blank journal book, but as I started to use Evernote to store and catalog my notes and experiences I figured why not do the same for my dreams. I still use a notebook to copy down my dream once I wake up because staring at a bright screen when you wake up is painfully annoying and distracting when trying to remember details. Once I have all my details written down I will then create a new note in Evernote and store it there. Once it is in Evernote I don't have to worry about losing it or forgetting it. Plus since it is digital I can take advantage of features that I couldn't with a physical copy, like searching for specific details, or determining correlations between dreams.

I can tell you from my own personal experience that having a dream journal is immensely rewarding. For the first time in a long time I can remember my dreams. Read old dream entries takes me back to the dream and I can almost remember it as vividly as the moment it happened. With Evernote I can work with my dreams and get more out of them.

I also included the template I use for my notes should any others want to start logging their dreams.

Attached File  Dream Journal Template Screenshot.jpg   108.04KB   194 downloads

#2 Grimmknuckle

Grimmknuckle

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Revisiting the topic.
Another way you can use Evernote to help build your dream journal is to create a table of contents for your dreams.

In older versions of the Evernote PC client one of the note details you could fill in was "subject date". I store the dream's date in the subject date section and sort my notes based on that to give me a chronological view of the dreams I recorded. However, Evernote removed that feature in later updates.

Now I use note links instead. I created a seperate note with a two column table and copied the note links into the note. Now not only do I have a chronological view of when my dreams took place, but I also have instant one-click access to each dream note.

#3 erinsmclaughlin

erinsmclaughlin

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

I just began using Evernote as a Dream Journal last month and use a table created in the first page of the notebook to organize my dreams. On the table I record a note link to the dream and specific words or phrases that I tag each note with so I can sort them along with the date the dream occured. For the dreams themselves, I just record in detailed story form on a new note for each specific dream.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: other, dreams, journal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote