(Archived) Firefox Web Clipper 5.0.0.201551 not working?

jfkaess

I'm also using Evernote Webclipper for Firefox 5.0.0.201551. I don't have the same problem as the original poster of this topic, but I have a different problem.

For some reason the Firefox CLOSE button (the X in the upper right corner) does not work. I disabled all other add-ons and this problem only occurs with the Evernote Webclipper add-on enabled. I'm on Windows 7 with Firefox 7.0.1

• Level 5

Yes, this seems to be a common problem, I have it too.

Apparently there is an issue with Firefox 7.01 and the newest EN Web clipper.

No word yet from EN if there is a fix coming.

Wern

I'm also using Evernote Webclipper for Firefox 5.0.0.201551. I don't have the same problem as the original poster of this topic, but I have a different problem.

For some reason the Firefox CLOSE button (the X in the upper right corner) does not work. I disabled all other add-ons and this problem only occurs with the Evernote Webclipper add-on enabled. I'm on Windows 7 with Firefox 7.0.1

I can confirm your problem with version 5.0.0.201551 the close button does NOT work any more.

Hi Folks,

We confirm this issue on Firefox 7.0.1 in Windows environment. It appears to work on Firefox 8.0 beta so that could be a possible work around. We are working on a fix ASAP and will post updates here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Level 5

The problem I had was the clipper pop-up window would not open, so I could not add tags, rename the title, or change the notebook until after it was a new note in Evernote.

I submitted a Support Request.

Clipper version 5.0.0.201551

Evernote for Windows 4.5.2.5689 (202917) Prerelease

The pop up window to add tags and assign notebook is not appearing. The clipped item just goes to Evernote directly.

The Evernote response this morning:

We apologize for the inconvenience, however it appears there is currently a bug causing this.

We appreciate you taking the time to send us this error. We have filed an internal bug report with the QA team lead. She will classify and fix the bugs in the order determined by the project Lead.

Unfortunately this is not something I can fix for you at this time.

You could try to use the bookmarklet. To add a bookmarklet to your browser, right click on its web link and choose the bookmark option. To use it, simply click on the new bookmark you added.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for making Evernote a better product,

I fixed the problem of the close button not working by going back to the previous version.

Go to https://addons.mozil...ipper/versions/, move your mouse pointer over the entry for the previous version and click the "Add to Firefox" button that appears.

I would do this while we engineer a fix. I've completed it, FF clipper's my baby.

FWIW. I just updated to FF8 on XP.

I still had the 5.0.0.20005 clipper as my latest (I have been off the forum for the last few days and missed the update).

However, it worked fine both clipping to desktop and to the web.

In fact, you must install a beta clipper. The latest released clipper is incompatible with FF8.

-------------

Not sure what is going on. Geoff's link to versions shows 5.0.0.201551 available but it was not available either during the upgrade or just now when I rechecked availability in XP/FF8.

• Level 5

FWIW. I just updated to FF8 on XP.

I still had the 5.0.0.20005 clipper as my latest (I have been off the forum for the last few days and missed the update).

However, it worked fine both clipping to desktop and to the web.

In fact, you must install a beta clipper. The latest released clipper is incompatible with FF8.

Where did you find the beta clipper? I searched the Firefox add ons for Evernote web clipper and could not locate it.

• Level 5

Thanks for the link.

I downloaded the .xpi file.

How is installed in Firefox?

Double clicking on it does not work.

Google shows a lot of paid programs that open .xpi files.

I am using Firefox Version 7.0.1.

Not sure what is going on. Geoff's link to versions shows 5.0.0.201551 available but it was not available either during the upgrade or just now when I rechecked availability in XP/FF8.

I think we pulled the latest b/c it wasn't working in FF8. There's a release scheduled that fixes the FF8 issue.

• Level 5

The upgrade did not help after all. Somehow I am back to Firefox clipper version 5.0.0.200005 and all my other add-ons were removed.

I manually approved each add-on, then restarted Firefox, and then approved the next on, restarted - and so on. (see attachment example)

I'm going to sit on the sidelines until this is resolved and people begin singing the praises of the new clipper.

post-53124-0-83329800-1320779353_thumb.p

• Level 5

Newest Firefox 8.0 version does not seem to solve the problem. Installed FF 8.0 and the latest unofficial EN clipper ...005 but that did not solve it. Firefox does not close.

Wern

• Level 5*

Not sure if this is a clipper-related issue, but I had this a couple of times after saving web page items to Evernote in the last few minutes - clicking either button seems to complete the clipping action normally.

"Unresponsive Script"

clipper.JPG

My web clipper (201551) does absolutely nothing on FF8. The button doesnt work, right clicking selection and going to "Add to Evernote" doesnt work. It's like it's not there at all. Will sit patiently (crying in a corner) until it works again. Or maybe I'll migrate to Chrome for a few days :-( Chrome clipper seemed to be working fine earlier.

• 2 months later...

Archived