Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Import Outlook notes to Evernote

outlook evernote

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 POESER

POESER

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Hi Guys,
i'm new to Evernote, however not new to forums.
the passed few days i've been reading up on how to import my outlook notes into evernote and can not find it anywhere. i've read about the clipping add on, but i dont see the ENclipper on my outlook, anywhere described on this forum (not on the top right either)
can someone please explain how i can do this?
i just switched to iPhone and i've been about 2 weeks without notes!
i'm running outlook 2007
thanks guys!

#2 maxikk

maxikk

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

POESER,

Please verify that Evernote Outlook Add-in is enabled in your Outlook.

To do so, in Outlook:
  • Tools->Trust Center
  • Add-ins section
  • Check that Evernote.Outlook is not listed in the "Disabled Application Add-Ins"
  • If it is, on the bottom of the dialog in the Manage: dropdown, select "Disabled Items" and click Go..
  • In the Disabled Items dialog, select Evernote.Outlook and click Enable
4. In the Manage: dropdown, select "COM Add-ins" and click Go..
5. Make sure the Evernote.Outlook Add-in checkbox is checked

Thanks,
Max

#3 DaveDanger

DaveDanger

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

Hello all,
Newbie to this forum but not the forum community in general.

Not attempting to hijack anyone else's thread but a search gives me this one post that resembles my own difficulty. Don't hesitate to push my post to a new thread if necessary.
I have Evernotes 4.5.1.5432 installed on my Windows XP laptop, and version 3.3 on my Samsung Captivate (ATT) phone and simply want to be able to sync notes back and forth.
Problem is, I have about 8 years worth of (Aircraft Maintenance Records) notes already in use in Outlook 2000 in the laptop, which I've been unable to sync over to my Android by any other app/program.
Looking at the instructions provided in Maxikk's answer, I went to Outlook "TOOLS" and found NO menu item for "Trust Center".

My primary question is whether or not there is any way to import the notes I need from Outlook 2000. While initially researching Evernote, it sounded like it was a simple thing to sync between Outlook and Evernote, but I understand it may be Outlook version specific.

I do have access to Outlook 2003, but have preferred the 2000 version to date and have simply never updated. If the 2003 version of Outlook will help, I can go that route, at least temporarily. I don't use Outlook for much more than this exact task (Was hugely simple with a Blackberry). All other native Android apps (Contacts, E-mail, Tasks, etc) are fine as they are, with no need to sync between the handheld and my computer.

Additionally, to be taken into account... if I can get these notes imported from Outlook one time, I'll be happy. I can subsequently sync between the Android & Windows versions of Evernote with no need to use Outlook any further. So even a one-time solution is acceptable.

A secondary question.. Can I install the Windows Evernote program on a second computer (using the same account) and subsequently sync my notes between the 3 devices? (Desktop computer, Laptop computer and Android phone).

#4 lwilde

lwilde

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

You are going to need a current version of Outlook (2007 or later) to make that work. "Evernote" is only about 4 years old, and we don't go back and engineer for systems prior to that. If you need more specific info, start a support ticket and we can assist you it will work with the current version of Outlook that is currently for sale from Microsoft:

https://support.ever...sp?deptID=16058

#5 Wadi

Wadi

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

How can I associate my outlook with ever note?

#6 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,158 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

How can I associate my outlook with ever note?

Did you read the above posts? Also:

http://discussion.ev...__1#entry109491
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#7 Wadi

Wadi

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:05 PM

I have outlook 2007 and my is in Inactive Application Add-ins, please tell me how I can active it....! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote