Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Why can't I print a note without the header?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 idoc

idoc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

OK, so I've read every evernote help manual and scoured the forum for this answer to no avail. When I try to print an evernote note, I get some header information showing up (the title, the name of the notebook, date created, date updated) which I do not want. A previous post gave the following advice for this problem:

"In Windows, select >File >Print then click on the Options button at the bottom of the Print window and uncheck "Note Title"".

I am running windows XP and I do not see "note title" as an option to uncheck. Therefore, how do I print a note without all this information showing up?? Incidentally, shouldn't this be less difficult to figure out than it is?

#2 Wern

Wern

• Title: Evernote Evangelist
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 777 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

It's easy: Click in the middle of your note, then Ctrl-P.
You should see your printer menu.
In the lower left corner click OPTIONS.
Choose the attributes you want to print (Note title is the first one).
Wern

Check out the Getting Started Guide or Knowledge Base. View user Manuals: Windows, Mac or Android.
Still doesn't work? Submit a support request here.

#3 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,756 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

The Printing Options seems to be in place (activated by pressing the Options button at the lower left-hand corner of the Print dialog), as it has for some time (I'm running version 4.5.2.5680 Prerelease currently). I'm running on Win 7, but I see it on an instance of XP as well. You're not seeing Printing Options?
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#4 idoc

idoc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

It's easy: Click in the middle of your note, then Ctrl-P.
You should see your printer menu.
In the lower left corner click OPTIONS.
Choose the attributes you want to print (Note title is the first one).
Wern

Thanks Wern,
This works perfectly. The initial advice doesn't work ie: if I go to " file, print" from windows then I see a tab for options in the UPPER RIGHT. However, when I click that tab it doesn't give me any evernote information presumably because it doesn't realize I'm trying to print an EN note. However, when I go to "file,print" in EN I get to the same print dialog box but this time the "options" tab is on the Lower Left and it has all the specific evernote options to uncheck.

#5 jefito

jefito

• 10,756 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:11 AM

I would guess that the "initial advice" that you cite just meant the Windows client, rather than Windows, the operating system (you must have been in some program, though).
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#6 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:35 AM

Here is a screen grab of the Evernote pop-up print options

1. Click on the Options button in the lower left
2. Remove the checkmark on the Note Title (just under Print note attributes)

Attached Files

#7 kelizabeth

kelizabeth

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

I, too am having trouble doing this from my mac via Google Chrome. The "Options" tab in the lower left hand corner only allows me to get rid of the header-footer, which doesn't get rid of the title for some reason. :(
Should I try a different web browser?

#8 jefito

jefito

• 10,756 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

I, too am having trouble doing this from my mac via Google Chrome. The "Options" tab in the lower left hand corner only allows me to get rid of the header-footer, which doesn't get rid of the title for some reason. :(

You should try asking in the Mac forum. This is the forum for the Windows client.
~Jeff

#9 kelizabeth

kelizabeth

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

You should try asking in the Mac forum. This is the forum for the Windows client.

Haha, that sounds like the logical thing to do. woops... Thank you, Jeff!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote