Couponing

sthomas51004

From http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/09/using-technology-to-simplify-couponing.html :

""When I began using a smart phone, I discovered a site called Evernote.com that allows me to edit documents and sync them among multiple devices (computer, phone, tablet, etc.). ­I created a document entitled “Coupon Inventory” and divided it into the same categories as my coupon organizer. Under each heading, I keep a bulleted list of each coupon I have, when it expires, and whether or not I have multiples.

In addition, I created a category for e-coupons, since I tend to forget what I have loaded onto my shopper cards. This also saves me paper, because I used to print out a list of my e-coupons each time I went to the store.

Once a week or so, when I’m organizing my physical coupons, I also pull up my document and make sure I have deleted any coupons that have been used or have expired, and I add any coupons I have recently clipped or printed. When I pull it up on my phone, the document looks like this:

iPhone-067-533x800.png

Using this technology, it is so easy to view my coupon inventory even in the middle of the grocery store! If I see a coupon listed under a given category, I know that I can flip to that tab in my coupon organizer and find it there waiting for me to use. This has really helped me capitalize on deals I hadn’t known about ahead of time or hadn’t planned on using."

I use Evernote for coupons, but only ones for restaurants/take away. I don't use grocery coupons often. And if I used them a lot, I think it would be too time consuming (for me) to inventory them (and keep the inventory up to date) in Evernote.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new Evernote user but I would suggest using an app specifically designed for coupons if you are serious about couponing. I use My Coupons. I use Evernote for my shopping lists so that I have a record of which coupons I have used and I can keep track of prices and do price matching.

I am a new Evernote user but I would suggest using an app specifically designed for coupons if you are serious about couponing. I use My Coupons. I use Evernote for my shopping lists so that I have a record of which coupons I have used and I can keep track of prices and do price matching.

I shall refuse to google and instead ask, what is My Coupons?

Wow! That's a really involved way to keep coupons! I can't say I've used Evernote for that, because (to me) it feels like a lot of work to have the physical file + an electronic one. I do, however, keep a note of coupon sites and good deal sites.

This is an interesting thread!

• 2 years later...

I know I'm posting to a long ago thread, but jut in case someone does a search and happens upon this --

I don't use coupons enough to use a specific app for them.  My biggest problem is that I let so many expire before using them. (Happens mostly with coupons that are special or one-time things for something that I don't usually buy or do -- so I don't usually see it or carry it around with me or whatever.)

Now that EN has the reminder feature, I can scan in a coupon or (digitally) clip it, tag it, and set a reminder to go off before it expires.  Yay!

Archived