Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
BlackBerry

Editing Notes on Blackberry

editing evernote

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Charles

Charles

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:22 PM

What happened to being able to edit my notes on my Blackberry? It seems after upgrading the ability to edit is limited to new notes I create on the Blackberry. Please advise. Thanks!

#2 metroside

metroside

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:52 AM

I found that when you open a note for the first time before a offline copy has been saved to your BB only the append option is available but after going back to it once it has been synced offline the note becomes available to edit again. Look out for the * next to a note. This indicates that it has been saved offline.

Twitter: @richramo
Premium EN User

#3 Charles

Charles

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:47 AM

I found that when you open a note for the first time before a offline copy has been saved to your BB only the append option is available but after going back to it once it has been synced offline the note becomes available to edit again. Look out for the * next to a note. This indicates that it has been saved offline.

Not for me. I have tried several times to edit the synced notes and I can't. All I can do is append. Very frustrating. Hoping someone can direct me to a fix. The app is useless to me otherwise....

#4 metroside

metroside

• PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

If you haven't already, it might be worth sending through a feedback report so that EN support can look into your case because I do only see the append option on all of my notes until they have synced with my BB, but after I open a note and wait for it to fully load I can then edit.

Just trying to understand if it is related to a sync issue or more in regards to being rich text based problems.

Premium EN User

#5 Charles

Charles

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

I clicked "send feedback": but couldn't edit all the logs it was sending to add my problem. Tried to back out, and it sent. Not sure the purpose of "send feedback" if you can't explain your issue. Oddly enough, one note I created as a "Test" was not able to be edited, and then the edit feature came back.

It would be nice to have the issue resolved. It would be nice to have an alternative to carrying my laptop everywhere.

Could re-installing the app potentially fix it?

#6 Charles

Charles

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:18 AM

So, some notes are editable, others aren't. Can't seem to determine why. Also after editing and saving a note that I can edit then reopening it, "append note" is the option. But close it and re-open again, then can edit again.

I did delete and reinstall the app but that did not fix anything.

I realize I am a free member and should not expect much by way of support, but if I can't rely on the free service, I don't think I would want to pay for it.

Looking forward to hearing from someone from Evernote with a solution or procedure to get it fixed.

#7 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4789 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

Your best bet is to open a support ticket.

#8 Charles

Charles

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:14 AM

Your best bet is to open a support ticket.

Thanks. I figured that was what would be required at thins point.

Done. :)

#9 dimm0k

dimm0k

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

This is happening to me too! Weird thing for me is as mentioned by Charles, some notes had the option to Edit while some did not. I decided to wipe out the Evernote directory on my device to let Evernote re-cache all my notes and after doing so none of my notes give the option to Edit anymore!

How do I open up a support ticket or add to the one already opened by Charles?

#10 Ah_Fan

Ah_Fan

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 486 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

@dimm0k,
you can report the issue in here: (be sure to include Feedback log from your phone)
http://www.evernote....ontact/support/

@Charles
Can you post your TS ticket#? I can't locate your ticket at the moment.
Thanks

#11 dimm0k

dimm0k

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

Created my ticket just now... 16051-34055

#12 gurwal

gurwal

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

I have exactly the same problem too, i can't edit my notes, the app becomes useless then. Will you fix this soon, PLEASE ?

#13 metroside

metroside

• PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

I have a feeling that the ability to not be able to edit notes until they are cached on the device is by design. I found on my Torch that the only time that I can edit notes is only after I have opened a particular note on my device. If I then reopen EN after it has been closed I generally have the ability to edit that note rather than append it as it will have an "*" next to it because it is cached on my device.

Hope this makes sense as it is a bit tricky trying to explain it.

Premium EN User

#14 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• Title: Browncoat
  • 820 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

This issue should be fixed in the last update I have just submitted to the App World and should be available soon.
Thanks.

#15 ketchup

ketchup

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

I have the newest version on my BB Torch and this is still a problem. There is no option to edit certain notes whether they have a (*) next to them or not. It also doesn't matter if it has synced or not. As I type this, my last sync was Nov 11 06:13 PM and one of my notes can not be edited. It is definitely a rather useless app at this time as you never know if you will be able to edit a note or not.

#16 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• Title: Browncoat
  • 820 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:59 AM

Do you have an option "append text" in the option menu?
Rich text notes cannot be edited on Blackberry for the moment.

#17 dimm0k

dimm0k

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

This issue was fixed for me with the version on App World.

EDIT: looks like this is broken again in the latest beta...

#18 dimm0k

dimm0k

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

submitted a ticket #16051-39179 about a week ago... haven't heard anything back!!

#19 yeswolf

yeswolf

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

2Everybody - can you please answer some questions so we can identify if the issue still exists in the application?

1. In which version you were not able to edit the note? You can find it on "About" screen, should be something like 3.3.353. We need to know exact build number.
2. Were you able to append text to the note?
3. If it is possible, please attach sample note exported to the .enex format that you cannot edit.

FYI: in the current version you can edit the note only if it contains plain text. If it will contain any link, image, attachement - it will only have "Append" option.
Blackberry Evernote developer

#20 dimm0k

dimm0k

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

FYI: in the current version you can edit the note only if it contains plain text. If it will contain any link, image, attachement - it will only have "Append" option.

Looks like this FYI was an important one! I had text that I tidied up by adding horizontal lines to and I guess it's no longer plain text after that so this app can't edit... it can append however. Any plans to make all notes editable?

1. Evernote for BlackBerry 3.4 Beta 1 revision 353, app reads version as 3.3.353 (203503) - BlackBerry Bold 9930 version from download link in stickied post
2. yes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blackberry, editing, evernote

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 人のメンバー, 2 人のゲスト, 0 人の匿名ユーザ

Clip to Evernote