Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Other

Evernote for Kindle Fire?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zitocleo

zitocleo

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:57 AM

I'm wavering on whether I want to get the Fire now or later. As Evernote is a major factor in my decision, I'd like to know if there's an Evernote app for the Fire in the works, or if the new Amazon Silk browser supports the web-clipper.

Thanks! Evernote has become as necessary to me graduating as my Kindle is. If I can combine the two . . . :)

Crystal

#2 FactMan

FactMan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

Hi Crystal,

There is an Evernote app in the Kindle Fire listing. I bought Fire yesterday, so I just installed Evernote. I don't know for sure, because I have only just installed the program. but a quick look suggests that the clipper doesn't work. I have to play a little more on it. Unless someone else can advise ...

Only problem I have with the Kindle is that we do not have a Wi-Fi at the office that I can use to browse - yet. I am thinking of downgrading my phone and getting a Wi-Fi unit that I can take anywhere ... The wonders of modern technology, eh?!

#3 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

Kindle Fire runs Android, so that is the appropriate place to post. If you search that section, you'll find a thread I started on the Fire. IDK about the clipper, though as I've not had the time to explore the Fire very much.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#4 alph486

alph486

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:01 AM

Hi all,
After attempting and messing with this on my fire, os version 6.2.1, it seems like the clipper doesn't work when downloaded OOTB. You may be able to install chrome on the kindle (you can make it happen. Google it there's another thread about it) and install there? But alas it looks like well need to wait for sometthing native to Fire.
Kevin

-Avid Evernoter, Fan, and Supporter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote