Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Evernote Gallery Widgets

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SethH

SethH

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 684 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

Hi all,

One of our big product announcements at ETC was Galleries, a customizable space inside of Evernote for Mac and Evernote for Windows that lets users pull together their memories, communications and partner functionality. A screenshot from an early alpha is below. Third party developers will be able to build Gallery widgets using HTML and JavaScript and deliver them to users through the Trunk.

We're having a small meetup on Tuesday, October 4th in San Francisco to give developers a chance to get started building widgets and give us feedback on the APIs and functionality that we're providing. This will be a great chance to get a head start on the next major integration point for Evernote. If you're a JavaScript & HTML ninja and are interested in attending, please let me know by emailing me at seth at evernote dot com.

Seth

[attachment=0]Gallery.jpg[/attachment]

#2 ping13

ping13

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • Group: Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

Hi Seth

this looks great, would love to check out Galleries, especially to convert the ENML Editor on http://enml-editor.ping13.net to a Gallery widget. However, I wait until you release an early bird version of the API to the public. San Francisco is just too far away from Switzerland ;-)

Good luck!

Stephan

PS: The name "Gallery widgets" probably has to grow on me, right now I think it's rather strange...
--
Reveal your hidden notes with NotePlaces
Edit your notes as ENML with http://enml-editor.ping13.net
Sync your Simplenote notes with Evernote at http://simpleforever.net

#3 MartinPacker

MartinPacker

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:58 AM

I've been meaning to ask this for a long time: Do you in fact employ someone to decide the content in your screenshots? It always looks carefully chosen - to be interesting without looking like it is some real person's Evernote account. :-)

Martin

#4 SethH

SethH

• 684 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

That particular screenshot was put together by the product manager for our desktop apps. We don't have anybody who's specifically tasked with creating screenshots, we just have a lot of people with a "good" sense of humor.

#5 amirmasoudabdol

amirmasoudabdol

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:06 AM

Are you cancel this AMAZING project or not? When we can use it on our desktop? It's really exciting.

Thanks

Check out my project: NimbleBox. The quickest and easiest way of taking notes in Windows with Markdown, Right-to-left support and more ...

#6 SethH

SethH

• 684 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

The event that I posted about was an early developer preview; we hope to have a released version available for end users sometime this winter.

#7 Dmitry Gorshkov

Dmitry Gorshkov

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hey Seth,
Any news on this feature?

#8 SethH

SethH

• 684 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

No, nothing yet. We're reevaluating the design.

#9 rdhyee

rdhyee

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

Galleries was a big announcement from ETC 2011 but there was no mention of it last Friday at ETC 2012. Is it still being developed or has it been scrapped? (I've been looking for it to come out because I'd really like to see ways to extend the functionality of Evernote clients internally.)

#10 kurka

kurka

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Any update on this?

#11 SethH

SethH

• 684 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Sadly, the Galleries project was cancelled.

#12 rdhyee

rdhyee

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

That's too bad. I'd love to see some way to extend the Mac client in a plugin fashion. But I'm guessing providing such functionality is way down the priority list given the demise of the Galleries project.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote