ScanSnap and Multipage Scans

atlas100

I have been using Evernote in a very casual manner for a couple of years and now want to put it to work. I just got a ScanSnap and scan directly to Evernote. Right now every scanned page comes in as a separate note. If I am scanning a three page document, how do I get it to be a single note in Evernote?

Thanks

• Level 5

I don't have that model.

You want the [Multipage PDF (whole batch in one PDF)] radio button selected.

When this radio button is selected, all scanned images are saved as a single PDF file

Take a look through the ScanSnap Manager for sometime that looks like this.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using the 1300s and stacking all pages at one time.

I am looking at the scansnaps, trying to decide which to buy. The S1300 looked like a good fit except that Fujitsu's comparison matrix says that the S1300 does not do "scan to evernote". Is their website wrong? It sounds like you are doing "scansnap to evernote" (second from the bottom of their table) with your S1300.

I use the S1300 and love it. When I had a Windows machine, I set up a folder to scan to, and Evernote "watched" the folder and automatically imported new documents. I'm now on a Mac, and the ScanSnap scans directly to Evernote all in one motion.

If I am scanning a three page document, how do I get it to be a single note in Evernote?

First, be sure you're using the latest version of ScanSnap Manager...3.2 L20.

Start ScanSnap Manager → right click on the dock icon → click on Settings → select the File option tab → click on the Option button → click on Multipage PDF → click OK → click apply.

I have created multiple profiles for scanning to Evernote: 1 sided 1 page, 2 sided 1 page, 1 sided multi page, 2 sided multi page. I also have profiles for scanning to Preview, PDFpen, Skitch, etc...

Good luck.

Lew

20110930-npeqh45r9ecmqrihee28j5deg2.bmp

• 10 months later...

I have settings selected as you suggested but I still get one note for each page.

To make things worse, when I merge notes on Evernote, it puts the last note first, so when I scan a document and I then merge the single page notes, I get the pages backwards from the back to the front.

Quite annoying, any suggestions?

Thank you.

I have settings selected as you suggested but I still get one note for each page.

To make things worse, when I merge notes on Evernote, it puts the last note first, so when I scan a document and I then merge the single page notes, I get the pages backwards from the back to the front.

Quite annoying, any suggestions?

Thank you.

If you have the settings correct, and the correct profile in use when you scan, it will work. The software and settings are identical for the s1500 and s1300 and this works perfectly for me.

Got my shiny 1300i just today and had the exact same issue. Fixed it by going to Settings -> Application and choosing 'Scan to Evernote (Document)' rather than 'Scan to Evernote (Note)', which I'd selected previously.

When you change the application, it also resets all your settings :rolleyes: so in the 'File Option' tab, check the All Pages radio button, then apply.

----

Quick question of my own for owners out there... Should I be checking the 'Convert to searchable PDF' option? Or will a premium evernote account do that for me?

EDIT: Got my answer, evernote does it for you but I will continue to self parse for my own backups

• 9 months later...

Got my shiny 1300i just today and had the exact same issue. Fixed it by going to Settings -> Application and choosing 'Scan to Evernote (Document)' rather than 'Scan to Evernote (Note)', which I'd selected previously.

When you change the application, it also resets all your settings :rolleyes: so in the 'File Option' tab, check the All Pages radio button, then apply.

Thank you Mr. Gervais, this was causing me great frustration earlier this evening.  :D

• Level 5

Quick question of my own for owners out there... Should I be checking the 'Convert to searchable PDF' option? Or will a premium evernote account do that for me?

EDIT: Got my answer, evernote does it for you but I will continue to self parse for my own backups

This link gives several reasons why I always let ScanSnap create the Searchable PDF.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/20080-evernote-pdf-ocr-vs-snapscan-ocr/#entry101003

I'm using the 1300s and stacking all pages at one time.

I am looking at the scansnaps, trying to decide which to buy. The S1300 looked like a good fit except that Fujitsu's comparison matrix says that the S1300 does not do "scan to evernote". Is their website wrong? It sounds like you are doing "scansnap to evernote" (second from the bottom of their table) with your S1300.

Hmm, here at amazon this particular scansnap 1300 says it goes to evernote: http://www.amazon.com/Fujitsu-ScanSnap-Instant-Sheet-Fed-Document/dp/B008HBFADQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371729781&sr=8-1&keywords=scansnap+1300

It is the one I have and it does. 

Archived