Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Outlook sync

evernote

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 colineddy

colineddy

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Hi,

I am happy to use Evernote ipad interface but on the PC and laptop I am big outlook user since I must plug in to MS Exchange server for my work.

I would like a sync between outlook and evernote server so that I can use outlook with evernote combined.

Is there such a way ?

Cheers.

Colin

#2 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,632 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

Are you looking to connect the calendar? Import contacts? Import emails? There's an Outlook client which will clip to Evernote.. what additional functionality are you looking for?

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#3 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,147 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

As Gazumped mentioned, you can clip to Evernote from Outlook. But there is no sync between the two.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#4 nathanb131

nathanb131

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

I feel your pain. Because of perfect outlook integration, I now use One-Note for work and Evernote for everything else. For a long time I tried to find a way to use ONE program to hold them all, but just couldn't deal with the tradeoffs. Embracing two different note systems and the strengths they both bring has went well for me. Also, it kind of helps keep a work-life balance by having all work related stuff in OneNote.

It's very possible that I will eventually use Evernote for all, especially if OneNote continues to never update as Evernote constantly rolls out great enhancements. But if you are at work with Oulook/exchange and want note-syncronization for calendar, tasks, and ms office, then OneNote is just about perfect for that.

#5 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,749 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

You could create Outlook rules to automatically forward emails into Evernote, but as noted, there's no easy road back from Evernote.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#6 phils

phils

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

What specific Outlook integration functionality are you looking for?
Phil Seeman,
More Productive Now

#7 chazazz

chazazz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

how about I just rught click on the note and choose add to OL calendar and it opens up a OL calendar item for me with the EN link (even better to include the whole note). I can live with having to choose the date & reminder options etc manually.

#8 DavidBellKCMO

DavidBellKCMO

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

Ipad user looking for one click transfer from e-mail to evernote. Is there something for IPAD that mirrors what I have on my PC desktop Evernote?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote