Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Peek won't work

peek

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Eamon Twomey

Eamon Twomey

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

I can't get Peek to work at all. Have deleted & reloaded the app, am using an iPad2 version 4.3.3 and am using an official Apple smart cover. Have turned off all locks too. When I close the cover & then lift it again, nothing has changed..... Am I missing something?

#2 jarzola

jarzola

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

Hi Eamon,

Some questions:
Does your iPad goes to sleep/wakeup when you close and open the smart cover? (on any app - not necessarily on Peek). If not, this setting may be off:

[attachment=0]photo-1.jpg[/attachment]

To turn pages in notebooks, Peek needs to be deactivated/reactivated by the OS (this happens when the iPad goes to sleep and in other cases). Pressing the Home button twice in a notebook triggers this too - you can try it out to see it working without a smart cover.

If the sleep and wakeup setting is not the issue, please let me know.

#3 Eamon Twomey

Eamon Twomey

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

Thanks very much Jarzola, I've changed the settings and it's working fine! Regards, Eamonn :D

#4 jarzola

jarzola

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

You are welcome, glad to hear it is working for you now

#5 testtaker12

testtaker12

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

Does the smart cover work for this app on the 3rd generation iPad? My iPad does sleep when the cover closes, but the page doesn't change when I reopen it.

#6 shc7v

shc7v

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hi, I am having a similar problem. I have auto lock turned off. When I close my smart cover, and peek, it doesn't bring up a flash card, i just see the title of the notebook still on the screen. What am I doing wrong?

#7 jhawk12

jhawk12

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

I am having the same problem--I can't get it to work at all. I had to download the virtual cover to make the app work. Very frustrating!

#8 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Have you turned off the virtal cover? If it is still on, Peek will not work with the physical cover.

#9 Dubstep57

Dubstep57

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

This app seems amazing i really want to use it but it wont work. It wont let me download anything and i don't know how to make my own. Thank you, Love evernote

#10 lungpai

lungpai

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

Hello. Can't get peek to work with ipad mini. Virtual cover is turned off and Smart Cover lock is off. Have restarted and reloaded and re installed app all to no avail. Official Smart Cover ipad mini white 16gb LTE. don't know what else to say. Thanks!

#11 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hello. Can't get peek to work with ipad mini. Virtual cover is turned off and Smart Cover lock is off. Have restarted and reloaded and re installed app all to no avail. Official Smart Cover ipad mini white 16gb LTE. don't know what else to say. Thanks!

Hi! We actually have not optimized Peek for the iPad Mini--so at present it's unsupported. I've upped this with our Peek resources and they will be looking into it. Thanks!

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#12 lungpai

lungpai

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Hi! We actually have not optimized Peek for the iPad Mini--so at present it's unsupported. I've upped this with our Peek resources and they will be looking into it. Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me! I'd love to use it n this device, my 2. Thank you.

#13 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Quick follow up here lungpai--are you able to get the mini working with Peek with the virtual cover? Or is Peek not working entirely on your mini?

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#14 Rob Kellington

Rob Kellington

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Peek works on iPad mini, but with part of the answer showing. Depends on design of notebook. For example, in the Periodic Table notebook, you. An see the weight.
Ideally, the app would scale a little better, but still nice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, peek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote