(Archived) Spell Check, Android Tablet

bakerboy908

Yes this would be great. As an extension to this may I request we have a way to lookup any word using other apps on our phones. I use evernote to study japanese and if I forget how to read a Kanji I currently have to :

1:Open the note

2: Go into Edit mode

3: select the Kanji and 'copy' it

4: leave evernote and use my dictionary to lookup the Kanji

This quickly becomes tiresome. Other apps, like the browser, allow us to select a passage of text and then 'share' to a list of other apps on the device that will accept passages of text such as dictionaries. Ideally evernote would also have this and we'd be able to select text without opening the note for editing.

Should I start a new thread for this request?

I dont understand why there is no spell check, could someone please inform me?

Seems like a large disadvantage.

Would be something i would get premium for, with out hesitation

Hi,

Which Android phone or Tablet do you use?

Evernote composer/editor supports auto completion (which has built-in spell check) from the native platform.

If the native platform doesnt have support then auto-completion will not work.

Thanks,

Hemant

Yes this would be great. As an extension to this may I request we have a way to lookup any word using other apps on our phones. I use evernote to study japanese and if I forget how to read a Kanji I currently have to :

1:Open the note

2: Go into Edit mode

3: select the Kanji and 'copy' it

4: leave evernote and use my dictionary to lookup the Kanji

This quickly becomes tiresome. Other apps, like the browser, allow us to select a passage of text and then 'share' to a list of other apps on the device that will accept passages of text such as dictionaries. Ideally evernote would also have this and we'd be able to select text without opening the note for editing.

Should I start a new thread for this request?

Thanks for the suggestion. We will consider this in our next feature set.

• 2 weeks later...

Please add me to the list of users who would find spellcheck invaluable. On my Android phone and tablet (a rooted Nook Color), Evernote is my primary editor for any long form text. If I'm posting a comment on a web site, I write it in Evernote, save it, then copy and paste it. But I need to manually spell check it. A spell check that required connectivity would be fine for the majority of cases. Spell check as you type would be nice (and I know most keyboards support this), but an old-fashioned after-the-fact spell check would also be nice.

On a mobile platform like Android, spell check seems like an ideal service for the operating system to provide. But I hope Evernote doesn't wait for Google to implement it, if it ever does.

For the record, I'm already a premium user.

Thanks,

Rob

Archived