(Archived) Limit Download of Notebooks on Client

Paul Lahner

Hi,

I am running the EN Android client 3.1 on a Galaxy S I-9000. On Evernote I got 1400 notes in 12 notebooks. Upon login the Android client starts downloading the headers of all these notes and after that it downloads 'snippets' (?????).

How can I tell the client to download only notebooks (one or two) I have specified and not all of them? I haven't found anything for that in the settings menu of the Android client.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Paul

I believe the Android client works similarly to the iPhone client, but am not sure. If it is, you cannot specify what headers to download. Please note the headers are not the entire note. If you have a premium account, you can specify which notebooks should be sync'd locally to your device.

What it does is download the thumbnails and then it defaults to snippets view (which obviously uses the thumbnails).

While viewing the notes list, go to Menu, Display options and select list view if you don't want the snippet view.

EN doesn't actually download the note content unless you tell it to. When you go to view a note it downloads the content then and there. If you want to be able to browse the contents of your notes without an internet or 3G connection, you need to set offline folders. Menu, Settings, Select Offline Folders.

Hi and thanks a lot.

>>>Please note the headers are not the entire note. EN doesn't actually download the note content unless you tell it to

I know that. But downloading 1400 headers/thumbnails take a long time.

>>>>If you have a premium account, you can specify which notebooks should be sync'd locally to your device.

That's what I want. How do I do that?

Cheers.

Paul

You need to be a premium subscriber, but you can select them under Settings/Select Offline Notebooks.

You always download the snippets & headers for all notes but the note attachments regardless if they are offline. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see a list of any of your notes.

• 2 months later...

How can I tell the client to download only notebooks (one or two) I have specified and not all of them? I haven't found anything for that in the settings menu of the Android client.

I also really, really wish this were possible.

All those stupid thumbnail images take up so much space on my drive that I had to delete Evernote entirely. Things that I would never try to access from my phone are taking up way too much space from my phone.

This limitation is even more frustrating now that I'm a subscriber. I can't even use the "offline notebooks" feature, because I can't have evernote on my phone, because the thumbnails it insists on downloading take up too much space.

Archived