Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

how to I print to Evernote

evernote

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pegazuz

pegazuz

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:13 AM

How can I print virtually to Evernote, such as webpages etc?

#2 evb

evb

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

In Windows: Choose a pdf-printer and print/save to the auto-import folder of evernote.

In one of my pdf-printers I have got a default profile with this option, works like a charm.

Greetings from Munich, EvB.

#3 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

To clarify, there is no Evernote virtual printer. evb's solution is a good one, though.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#4 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,184 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

The one I use is CutePDF (free). There are several others out there, too.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#5 pegazuz

pegazuz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for replies. I know about both cute-pdf and other pdf printer. When having done a print they always ask where to save, and I suppose that would have to be in that "auto-import folder of evernote". However I have no idea how that folder works.

Can someone explain?

Thanks.

#6 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,184 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:57 PM

Short answer: tools/import folder. If you search the board on watched or import folder, you'll find more information. And yes, you would save it to a folder you've set up to be an import/watched folder.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#7 pegazuz

pegazuz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

oh man, the function I have been missing all along. Thanks bigtime ;)

#8 thommango

thommango

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:42 AM

Still, it would be much better if EN was a virtual printer. When you bring things in via a PDF, you can't annotate it or do anything with it really inside evernote. If you could print directly into EN, it would be a lot cleaner design and would increase the overall value of EN immensely. IMHO. Loved this feature in OneNote and miss it very much.

#9 evb

evb

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

Take a good PDF-Printer like, say, Bullzip, and you can choose the output format. E.g., in Bullzip you can choose PDF, but JPG, PNG and others as well ...

And you can define profiles with, according to your needs, output folder, file format, resolution etc.

One or two PDF-printers systemwide are enough, I do not need additional printers in single programs.

Regards from Munich, EvB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote