easiest way to convert attached tiff to jpg

lmason

I have old tiff files that have been attached to notes in Evernote. I want to convert them to jpgs so they will be viewable in Evernote. I tried double click on the tiff icon from within the note and using save as in Photoshop to convert the file to jpg. I was hoping that the new file would then be attached to the note. It wasn't.

What is the most efficient way to convert these attached tiff files to jpg attached files?

• Level 5*

Yeah, editing a file via an external editor isn't going to recognize a file with a different extension as the original (which is still there in the directory where Evernote creates it when invoking the external editor). You might try setting up an auto import folder, and saving the converted JPG files there. Then they'll be imported into Evernote, and you can cut the JPG from the new note and paste it over the TIFF file. I don't think that there's any easy way.

• Level 5*
What is the most efficient way to convert these attached tiff files to jpg attached files?

If the TIFF attachments are well-named and easily associated with the Note, one approach might be:

1. [*:3d0tl8xl]Save each TIFF attachment as a file into a "processing" folder
    You have several options for doing this:

• a. Drag attachment from Evernote to the processing folder
    b. Copy the attachments from the Evernote database folder (see Options) to the folder

[*:3d0tl8xl]Use a Batch Image Processor to convert all files in the folder to JPG

(do a Google on "Batch Convert TIFF to JPG")

[*:3d0tl8xl]Drag the converted JPG into the Note

[*:3d0tl8xl]Delete the TIFF in the Note

This is an untested idea, but maybe it will give you some ideas.

I have old tiff files that have been attached to notes in Evernote. I want to convert them to jpgs so they will be viewable in Evernote. I tried double click on the tiff icon from within the note and using save as in Photoshop to convert the file to jpg. I was hoping that the new file would then be attached to the note. It wasn't.

Another thought would be to simply bring up the note, open the tiff in Photoshop by double clicking. Then take an Evernote screen cap & press the ctrl key before releasing the mouse. This puts the screen cap in your clipboard, rather than creating a new note. Then close the tiff, return to the original note & then paste the screen cap from the clipboard. This allows you to keep the original tiff in the note but have a visual, too. However they will be png files rather than jpg, IIRC. But I'm not sure you care, as long as you have the visual. While not difficult, it's still a bit of a pain. But if the images aren't stand alone notes, meaning you have multiple images in the notes along with links, text, etc, then I don't think there's much in the way of an expeditious/automated way of doing this. This is the way I would do it, if it were me.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived