Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

evernote as a journal

evernote

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gingervitis

gingervitis

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

Hi I'm new to Evernote. I want Evernote to replace my Macjournal which although very good on my Mac is apparently bad as an app for the Ipad. I want to travel with the Ipad and write a journal with photos which I can then sync to my laptop. Has anyone any experience of the best w ay to do this ie just use one note for each day of a holiday or use a separate note for each day and merge later. Will the merger keep the photo and notes in chronological order? Also I put a wrong photo in a note on my Ipad2 and can't see a way to delete it or move it. Any help will be very much appreciated. Mel

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,159 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

Also I put a wrong photo in a note on my Ipad2 and can't see a way to delete it or move it. l

Entering/editing rich text format (rtf) on iDevice is not currently implemented in the EN iOS app.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#3 themoules

themoules

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

I also used to use MacJournal and also gave up as their ipad application was so bad. I find Evernote perfect as a journal. The only thing I miss from MacJournal is the way each notebook's sort order is remembered. Evernote only sorts globally. Some notebooks need to be sorted alphabetically some chronologically.

I personally do not write a journal every day but write on days when I do something I might want to refer to later. The format I use is one entry per day. The exception to this is holidays when I put the whole holiday on one long note.

I am sure Evernote will find a way of editing in rtf on the ipad (Apple's restriction) but until then I write my journal in plain text on the iphone/ipad and do any formatting on the desktop client once I have synced them.

As regards photos I tend to merge them with my journal when back at my desk from the camera roll.

Yes when merged notes/photos do stay in chronological order. It is also an easy matter to cut/paste to change the photos position within the text once merged. However I have a personal dislike for the huge blue line between merged notes and always replace it with the single line found on the formatting bar on the desktop client.

#4 gingervitis

gingervitis

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

Thank you very much for the info it has helped a lot in the way that I shall be writing the journal and editing it. I have a Motorhome (RV) and I use the journal to keep a record of all the places that we visit. At the moment I am in the south of France using the campsite's WiFi but can't get the Ipad to sync with my laptop. This holiday is in the nature of an experiment as later in the year I am going to Namibia, Botswana and South Africa with just the Ipad so I want to get everything right before i go on that trip. Thanks again and if anyone else has any further suggestions then they will be gratefully received. Mel.

#5 okwilltryit

okwilltryit

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

Not sure if this will help but I have another app which syncs with EN when you ask it to(by clicking on 'sync with evernote now')

I find this OTHER app indispensable in journalling as it is very user friendly,accepts photos nicely onto pages created,logs,etc.

At least it cannot do any harm to mention it..it is called awesome note..
AWESOME NOTE

http://www.bridworks.../main/index.php

Oh yes,ps..I hope you have found the Bluetooth keyboard for I pad.made by apple.
Also,the new product wherein you can upload photos from your camera directly to I pad.
It helps soooooo much with journalling,scrolling,editing..etc. At least in my experience
Cheerio
Best traveling /journalling wishes

#6 gingervitis

gingervitis

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for that I'll give it a whirl. Mel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users