Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Add to Evernote 4 Button

evernote

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 krelvinaz

krelvinaz

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

Installed Evernote on my workstation at work (Evernote_4.3.1.4479 if it matters). XPPro box using Office 2003.

First thing I notice is a HUGE button now in Outlook that says Posted Image Reallly??? Why not a little Icon like EVERYTHING ELSE.

Go to button configuration to remove it, can't find it. Can't find any option to remove it.

I saw a message about registry settings... not there.

I saw a message about installing for just me the user instead of all users and then disabling it in COM ?? Options. Not sure how to do this.

I use email all day long, it is part of my job... Evernote was added to provide portability between tablet and desktop, but this is not helping... Will need to remove if there is no fix for this.

Evernote Really... you actually think this is a Feature?

BTW... I have a Paid Evernote account. Not a happy camper.

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,790 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:21 AM

Did you know that you can actually change the button appearance all by yourself? Click on Tools / Customize... Now right-click on the button and select "Default Style". The button should shrink to just an icon. Got it now?
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 krelvinaz

krelvinaz

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

The button doesn't show up under tools -> Customize in any of the settings or options to allow it to be modified.

Hard to right click on the button when it is not on the list to right click on.

#4 jefito

jefito

• 10,790 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

Please read what I wrote: "Click on Tools / Customize... Now right-click on the button and select "Default Style"." This means:
* In Outlook, click on Tools / Customize...
* Now right-click on the button. The button in the toolbar. The actual button that you're so worked up about. That button.
* The resulting dropdown menu should have an entry called "Default Style". Select it.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#5 krelvinaz

krelvinaz

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:28 PM

Those are Better instructions. That worked.

BTW 3 out of 4 times while Evernote is installed, clicking on Tools -> Customize causes Outlook to crash and restart.

Remove Evernote, and it never crashes. Some interaction with Evernote and Outlook is causing issues.

#6 jefito

jefito

• 10,790 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

Yes, and did you submit the crash report to Microsoft? If Evernote's causing a problem, (and I think if they're registered with Microsoft, then they'll get the relevant info.
~Jeff

#7 krelvinaz

krelvinaz

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

yes, crash reports were sent. But you never get feedback on them so you never know who or what gets them or what they do with it.

BTW.. I exited Outlook, and when it restarted the button was back to full size again.

If the procedure is setting the button to default, why doesn't it start in default mode ?

As for its integration with Outlook, it causes other problems as well as reported in other threads. I end up with artifacts in other places on the screen.. You right click on a message to mark it as read, and the tool box shows up at the top left side the screen. You can't get there of course so you can't use the mark as read option. Buttons and other content starts to disappear until you mouse over it. Looks like it is messing with screen control somehow.

The fix for all these issues... uninstall Evernote and it all goes away. Everything works as normal.

So how do you load Evernote without Outlook integration at all? Should be a choice or at least an easy way to do it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote