(Archived) Adding New Line to Table

spaaarky13

Idea

11 replies to this idea

Simple question: How do you add a new line to an existing table?

If by "new line" you mean new row, the answer would be it can't be done at this time.

Unfortunately EN Mac 2.0.5 does not support making any changes to the table structure (add/delete rows/columns).

However, the EN Win 4 client does support this.

There are several other threads requesting the same capability for EN Mac.

• Level 5*

Not currently, this is area that Evernote have acknowledged clearly needs work. The current functionality is pretty limited but they have said that it will be improved. As always, there is no timeline on when the updated functionality will be made available.

I'd love to see this improved. Seems completely half-baked - why even have table functionality if you can't modify after the fact?

This is a feature that would really help Evernote compete against Google Docs. I wanted to be able to maintain a timetable in an Evernote table, but now I'm just going to have a note with a link to a Google Doc instead.

Maybe we should use this thread to tell Evernote the great things we would do with table functionality...to inspire them!

I would really like to user evernote to CAPTURE PRODUCT IDEAS whenever they occur to me. For me, an idea has a few important facets that need to be captured in fields:

- name

- description

- category

- whether this is something I really have experience with (#1 rule of inventing)

- 1st customer for it

- and a few more things...

Obviously, new product ideas is a job for a table...at least for me. If I can't edit cells on my device in a table or add new rows, Evernote is not going to be the place where I keep my new product ideas.

Google sheets with a form is clunky. I would much rather use a clean working evernote table.

Some of us have been chained to excel for extended periods during our careers and are forever altered by the experience. I think there are quite a few of us.

Maybe we should use this thread to tell Evernote the great things we would do with table functionality...to inspire them!

Great thought! Personally, I would have lots of uses for tables. To share just one, I have a client I'm working with, and we need to manage our advertising schedule in a shared way, so I'd love to have a table in which I can include columns for date, publication, ad content. Obviously, this needs to be dynamic.

Google sheets with a form is clunky. I would much rather use a clean working evernote table.

I agree - and now that it's such a major part of my workflow, I would really rather have this type of data in Evernote rather than Google Docs.

Archived