Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Does Evernote Scan ODF, Word, PowerPoint attachments?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 houstonspace

houstonspace

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

Do I have to convert all Powerpoints and Word Documents to PDF in order for EN to index the text? I get lots of files as part of meeting agendas and I really need to keep them together with my notes, but converting them all to PDF each time is a real pain. Is there a solution here? I really want to be able to search these files in the future.
"Technically correct - the best kind of correct."

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,756 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

Does Evernote Scan ODF, Word, PowerPoint attachments?

No, it doesn't.

~Jeff
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

Do I have to convert all Powerpoints and Word Documents to PDF in order for EN to index the text? I get lots of files as part of meeting agendas and I really need to keep them together with my notes, but converting them all to PDF each time is a real pain. Is there a solution here? I really want to be able to search these files in the future.

What I do is copy some of the key sentences and paste them into the Evernote note that contains the Word document for Evernote's OCR process

I recently exported my entire GMail address book as a CSV file just in case GMail has a database problem. I copied the entire name column below the attachment. This lets me search for anyone in my contact list.

#4 houstonspace

houstonspace

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

Is this something that we may be looking forward to in future releases?
"Technically correct - the best kind of correct."

#5 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

Is this something that we may be looking forward to in future releases?

Maybe, but I would not bet on it. Dave Engberg has pointed out the problems involved with the multiple variations of past issues of Word.
I tried searching the forum for his comments, but could not locate it. So I am just working from memory.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote