Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Freature Request - To Do List

evernote

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pankajxmathur

pankajxmathur

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:35 AM

Hi,

I would first like to congratulate you for a wonderful product.
I am a big fan of Evernote.
Biggest reason being - it is available for all possible platforms.

One of the things that is missing on the mobile versions (iPhone / iPad / Blackberry) of Evernote is to create a To Do list.
Also that a To Do list created in the Desktop versions of Evernote (Mac / Windows) cannot be updated on the mobile versions of Evernote - I guess it identifies it as Rich Text.
Therefore We would love to have the ability to create a simple Todo type Note which is only used to manage Todo items (Check Boxes are automatically added to each line item) and which can be edited / updated from the Mobile devices as well.
Obviously more enhanced feature such as the following are most welcome:
1. Hide Completed Task
2. Set an Due Date for Tasks (Optional for end user)
3. Set a Reminder for Tasks (Optional for end user)

I sincerely hope you will consider this feature request.

Regards,

Pankaj Mathur

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,169 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

One of the things that is missing on the mobile versions (iPhone / iPad / Blackberry) of Evernote is to create a To Do list.
Also that a To Do list created in the Desktop versions of Evernote (Mac / Windows) cannot be updated on the mobile versions of Evernote - I guess it identifies it as Rich Text.

Please search the board on RTF or "rich text formatting". This has been discussed at length, already.

Obviously more enhanced feature such as the following are most welcome:
1. Hide Completed Task
2. Set an Due Date for Tasks (Optional for end user)
3. Set a Reminder for Tasks (Optional for end user)

EN's focus is not to be a to do/task list manager. There are already plenty of them out there. They have stated they will be adding due dates in the future (and they do not announce ETAs so we don't know when that will be completed) but will not be adding reminders & other to do/task list functions. You may want to take a look at ToodleDo, Remember The Milk, etc. for such functionality.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#3 engberg

engberg

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:07 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

- Dave Engberg (Evernote)

#4 Sloth

Sloth

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:43 AM

And you can also create a tag called "todo" and have your "tasks" be notes with that tag. That way, to view your todo list, you can simply filter by that tag. Once the task is done, change the tag from "tasks" to "completed tasks".

#5 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,783 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:11 AM

And you can also create a tag called "todo" and have your "tasks" be notes with that tag. That way, to view your todo list, you can simply filter by that tag. Once the task is done, change the tag from "tasks" to "completed tasks".

That's the easy way.

(i.e. it's what I do :))

~Jeff
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#6 jbeamer

jbeamer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:29 AM

I am looking at using Egretlist for iPhone to work as my ToDo manager since it syncs with Evernote.

Using the tag method could work but Egrestlist will not pick that item up since it doesn't have a check box. Sure I can edit the items on the Mac but being able to do this on the iPad and maybe the iPhone would be great.

The way I see it working is I send info to Evernote. When I'm going through all the items I can edit a note, add a check box and any text I want. Then it will show up in Egretlist and I'm all set.

The way I see it that is the way to go.

#7 MarkDavies10

MarkDavies10

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

Hi folks

thought you may be interested in this related article I've just published: "Feature request: Evernote integration with a task manager (e.g. Toodledo)"

http://forum.evernot...hp?f=45&t=23228

Best regards
Mark

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote