(Archived) mass-import while retaining created date

agh77

Idea

In my mass-migration to the world of Evernote (loving it!), I would equally love to find a way to drag and drop or otherwise import pre-existing documents while retaining the 'created on' date for use in Evernote. I realize I can go item-by-item and modify the created/updated dates but it's a bit difficult when you're talking about bringing hundreds of items in.

Is there a work around for this? If not, it'd be a great future feature!

Adam

4 replies to this idea

Adam,

It's totally possible to do this via AppleScript -- either as part of an importer script or, if you prefer, to change the dates after the fact. (I've done both)

In fact, I think this recent contribution to the Code Library might be of interest:

An AppleScript that takes a folder full of files and creates Evernote entries while using the “date created” and “date modified” as their “created” and “updated” dates

It's totally possible to do this via AppleScript -- either as part of an importer script . . .

Thanks Justin.

This is exactly what I was looking for, although originally for the Win Client. But now that I have a Mac, I'll just move the files to the Mac and import there.

Archived