Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Evernote freezes and crashes intermittently

evernote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dannyrwyoung

dannyrwyoung

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

This frustrating issue occurs every once in a while, and it always seems to be when I am in a meeting! The whole app freezes as I type, sometimes the last key that I hit before the freeze stays darkened. Sometimes the app will come back to life after 20-30 seconds, other times it crashes and I have to restart the app. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so what is the best way to rectify it?

#2 dannyrwyoung

dannyrwyoung

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:37 PM

Sorry I should have said this is on my iPad and I am running the latest version of Evernote (3.3.10).

A thought has occurred, if I was using the app on my Windows laptop, left it running, and then went to a meeting using the app on my iPad, would that cause a problem? I also use have the app installed on my iPhone.

#3 engberg

engberg

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

I don't believe there should be any connection with anything you do on Windows. It sounds like there may be a problem either within Evernote, or perhaps some interaction with iOS.

Thanks for the report.

- Dave Engberg (Evernote)

#4 dannyrwyoung

dannyrwyoung

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I will post again if the problem occurs again.

#5 nickalus

nickalus

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

I actually have a similar problem with Evernote freezing. It's usually while I'm typing. I've seen other strings suggesting it may be due to synchronization??? Not sure why that would be. Can anyone comment on reasons why the program would freeze? It's EXTREMELY inconvenient, as I most often use Evernote for call-notes, while I'm in a call. I've had to (multiple times now) open a word doc to resume notes as Evernote froze in the middle of a call! Can't keep doing that - but I love Evernote.
Suggestions? Is there something I can do with the Sync function to avoid this 'bogging down' effect?

thanks,
Nico

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote